Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Royalty and Riches - journal entry from 27 Sep, 2013

So what were German nobility wearing at this time period (1819-25)?  It varies a little bit, but for the most part it seems as though they were following the same fashions trends found in France and England with only very slight differences.  I love the crazy amount of glorious silver or/and gold embroidery on a lot of these...

Therese of Saxe-Hildburghausen, Queen of Bavaria, by Joseph Stieler

1823 - Worn by Oscar I of Sweden and Josephine of Leuchtenberg for their wedding in Munich
Could anything possibly look more fairytale than this ensemble?  I kind of doubt it.


1819 German Court Dress

 1823 - Princess Augusta Amalia of Bavaria

 1820s German Court Dress

 1825 Queen Pauline of Württemberg

1825 Ludwig I of Bavaria

 1825 King Ludwig I of Bavaria again... this time all decked out in his regalia.  Check out those shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment