Thursday, November 21, 2013

in the sketchbook

Since I'm currrently off Learning And Looking At Things in Germany, I figured that it might be a good time to post some of the sketches I did for various 'Girl Without Hands' characters. Most of these are just my initial impressions/ideas and most likely will not really resemble the final designs/illustrations much at all, but at least it shows a bit of what's been tumbling around in my head.  For working out ideas I like to scan pencil drawings into the computer and then mess around with color in photoshop... though I don't think I'll use this sort of technique for the final illustrations.



And tomorrow I get to look at original 19th century pieces of German folk costume... so hopefully I'll soon have a bunch of new research to incorporate!

No comments:

Post a Comment