Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Doll progress progresses

While I have not yet finished the costume for the doll/tiny mannequin, a great deal of progress has been made.  Although incomplete, it is now in the general shape of a dress, with the general idea of fabrics and textures. I didn't get any fabrics especially for this project, and just relied on scraps that I had on hand. In this instance: silk georgette, stretch velvet (backed with cream taffeta to give it stability), and bits of antique lace.  A rough approximation of the sleeve is just pinned on, and the whole dress requires a LOT more beads, not to mention she still needs a headdress as well.



I won't be able to work on it for at least another week though, as I am leaving tomorrow for a research trip to Germany to study traditional 19th century Bavarian folk costume up close and personal.  I'm spending a week in Munich, and am going to several museums/institutions in the vicinity.  So exciting!  And for those of you who know the city, please let me know if there's anywhere or anything in Munich that I shouldn't miss seeing while I'm there!

No comments:

Post a Comment